FAQ & SUPPORT
Download & Installation
Make sure you read the overview and requirements (at the top and bottom of every instrument page) on our site before you purchase one of our instruments.
This way, you can be sure that you know what each instrument needs and is compatible with.
Following a completed order, an email will be provided with information on how to begin the registration and install process for your Emergence Audio product.
Native Access 2 Downloader is required:
Don’t have Native Access 2? click here
Once you have Native Access installed, here are the steps you’ll need to follow to install your Emergence Audio instrument:
1. Install Kontakt Player First which will be located under the “Available” tab.
2. Then click on “Add Serial” at the bottom left corner of the window.
3. Enter your serial number when prompted. You’ll find your serial number with your order confirmation and in your Emergence Audio account under the “Orders” tab.
4. Find your Emergence Audio instrument under the “Available” section, and click “Install”.
5. After the installation is complete, open Kontakt or Kontakt Player 6.7 (or later). You should now be able to find your Emergence Audio instrument in the library browser.
After entering the Serial Number into the Native Access Installer, your Emergence Audio Instrument will appear in the ‘Not Installed’ or ‘Available’ tab, with a button that says ‘Install’. If you see ‘Add Library’ the Native Instrument server may be slightly delayed from the time you registered the instrument.
We strongly advise upgrading to Native Access 2, Click here if you haven’t already. This update should resolve the issue in most cases. If you are still seeing the “Add Library” tab, allow 24hr to 48hrs from the time of registering the library. Please open a support ticket if you have any further questions or concerns.
When you input your serial number into Native Access, you may see the message “The Serial Does Not Belong to a Known Product.”
Occasionally, the servers throughout the world take a little time to synchronize after you register your serial number via Native Access.
If your not seeing an “INSTALL” button next to your NKS instrument try the following:
- Press the Refresh button at the top right which is located on the left of your Account Icon
- Then close and restart Native Access
- You should now see the “INSTALL” Button next to your Emergence Audio product
If the problem does not resolve itself, the following measures can be taken:
Your solution will change depending on whether you use Mac or Windows.
- Delete the following files from MacOS:
“/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center/NativeAccess.xml”
“/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center/[LIBRARY NAME].xml”
- Delete the following files from Windows:
“C:Program Files > Common Files > Native Instruments > Service Center > NativeAccess.xml”
“C:Program Files > Common Files > Native Instruments > Service Center > [LIBRARY NAME].xml”
“C:Program Files > Native Instruments > Service Center > NativeAccess.xml”
“C:Program Files > Native Instruments > Service Center > [LIBRARY NAME].xml”
This issue happens when you attempt to register your serial number with a different Native Access account than the one with which it was initially registered.
To resolve this, sign in to the Native Access account associated with your serial.
If you are unable to do so, provide the following information to Emergence Audio by creating a support ticket.
- The order invoice
- The original email address used to place the order
- The whole 25-digit serial number
We will be able to assist you with acquiring access to your product once we receive the above information.
When a MIDI keyboard is not accessible, the On-Screen Keyboard KONTAKT PLAYER provides a virtual On-Screen Keyboard that may be used to play instruments with your mouse. However, to fully utilize our instrument’s potential and capabilities, we strongly recommend utilizing a midi keyboard.
To display the keyboard:
- Open the Workspace menu.
- Select the Keyboard option.
- The On-Screen Keyboard is displayed at the bottom of the Rack.
The On-Screen Keyboard contains the following features and controls:
- Keys: When a key is clicked, the keyboard generates a corresponding note event that will be received by the currently selected Instrument. The note’s velocity is relative to where on the key you click: clicking towards the top of the key will produce notes with a low velocity, and clicking towards the bottom of the key will produce notes with a high velocity.
- Pitch and Mod: Click + drag the Pitch and Modwheel to generate pitch bend and MIDI CC #1 data respectively.
- Transposition: Shift the displayed key range up and down in octaves.
- Key Range: The keyboard uses colors to indicate the key ranges of the current Instrument.
- Playable Keys: Keys that produce sound are colored blue.
Emergence Audio uses the Free Kontakt Player for our instruments. While Kontakt can be used as a standalone application for macOS and Windows, it is most frequently utilized as an audio instrument within a digital audio workstation (DAW). Kontakt is compatible with virtually every DAW that supports the VST, AU, or AAX protocols, including Cubase, Logic, Ableton and Pro Tools, to name a few.
via Native Instruments:
When you try to load an Instrument in KONTAKT, you receive the following error message:
‘This instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed’
- You are trying to load a KONTAKT 6 (Player) library in KONTAKT 5 (Player)
- You are trying to load an instrument from the Files tab in KONTAKT while the library is not installed in Native Access.
If your KONTAKT library is shown in Native Access as activated, but you receive this error message when trying to load the library via the Files tab of KONTAKT 5 (Player), it’s very likely that your KONTAKT library requires KONTAKT 6 (Player).
1. Please install KONTAKT 6 (Player) from the “Not installed” tab in Native Access. When you now open KONTAKT 6 (Player), the library should appear in the Libraries tab. Please note that KONTAKT 6 (Player) is only called ‘Kontakt’ in Native Access (and your DAW):
2. If step 1 did not resolve the issue, please follow the steps below:
Native Instruments KONTAKT Library
-Launch Native Access from the following location:
Mac: Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Access
Windows: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments > Native Access
-Click the Not Installed tab. Hover your mouse over the KONTAKT library’s entry. The option to LOCATE will appear next to the INSTALL button.
-After clicking the LOCATE button, you will be asked to BROWSE to the location of the KONTAKT library.
-Navigate to the KONTAKT library’s folder and confirm your selection.
-Click INSTALL to add the KONTAKT library to your installed products.
-Finally, open KONTAKT standalone to update the database.
via Native Instruments:
You receive the following error message while installing a product with Native Access:
The installation process of a Native Instruments product requires temporary extra space on your internal hard drive (or ‘system drive’), even if you want to install the product on an external hard drive.
Info on Free Space and Purgeable Space (Mac)
Please note that to find out the actual free space available on your system drive, you need to access the application Disk Utility.
You can find this in: Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
This is necessary, because simply right-clicking on the Mac HD in Finder and choosing “Get info” will show the summation of free space and purgeable space.
Native Access calculates the amount of free space an installation requires from the available free space only (excluding the purgeable space). This is why you may see what is presumably enough free space available, although Native Access requests more:
It is possible to delete purgeable data or move it to your iCloud. Please contact Apple for information on how to do this.
Installing Products Individually
If you receive this error message when installing multiple instruments at once, run the product’s installers individually instead of using the Install All button.
Additionally, we recommend to change the Download Location and Content Location in Native Access to a separate hard drive, as explained in this article:
However please note that it is still the local system drive which requires free space to perform the installation, even when you choose an external disk as the download and content location.
Time Machine Snapshots
Time Machine snapshots may be occupying large amounts of storage. Please contact Apple to learn how to manage those snapshots so that they do not occupy space on your local disk.
KONTAKT PLAYER is a free program that houses all of Emergence Audio’s NKS sample-based instruments. Instruments created for KONTAKT PLAYER are compatible with the full version of KONTAKT.
The (FULL) KONTAKT sampler is the industry standard. Its amazing audio engine and cutting-edge modular design are used to create the world’s most comprehensive and inventive sample-based instruments. KONTAKT offers a unique set of sample manipulation capabilities and unrivaled creative possibilities for creative sampling and sophisticated instrument development. here.
Our User Manuals can be found in your installed library via the documents folder and at the bottom of the Instruments page for the product in the ‘Requirements’ tab.
We have you covered. Email us at email@example.com and we’ll setup your personal discount to complete your bundle.
If you have any other questions about Bundles, create a ticket via our ‘Help’ button and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
Emergence Audio features some of the best artists and demo makers in the world. We are always interested in hearing new things and new submissions. Please send us a streaming link of your submissions for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. We listen to all submissions made to us and we will get in touch with you if we feel the track is a good fit.
Account & Purchase
You’ll receive an order confirmation via email with all of your order information. You’ll also find your purchase in your Account under the ‘Orders’ section along with your serial number information.
On the date and time of the official release of the instrument, you will receive a confirmation email for your purchase of any pre-ordered instrument, including the installation instructions and invoice. If for any reason you have not received this email, please check your spam folder. Your order can also be found in your Emergence Audio account under the ‘Orders’ tab.
Yes! We offer students, educators, military members and veterans a 30% discount on all items that are not currently on sale or bundled. Please send us your name, school or facility, and proof of enrollment or credentials to email@example.com for us to review. After we verify your info, we’ll send over your discount code to apply at checkout.
Need More Help?
We’re here for you! Reach out to us via our ‘Help’ button, hit send to open a ticket and we’ll get back to you in 1-3 business days